Spring is my best friend...

Today is Friday! In all honesty, I was trying to post yesterday but something happened...but whatever it was, I'm glad to be back on here! Yesterday it rained all day. While staring out my office window, I became very droopy eyed because rain just makes me want to stay in bed and watch a comedy movie! However, rain provides free care to my plants!

Yes, that's right, plants! Last weekend, Dustin and I purchased our gardening plants. This year we are going a different route.

No tilling, no weed pulling, hopefully no major grasshopper infestation.

We are planting all of our goodies into pots, thanks to the inspiration of my wise grandpa! I had all hopes to plant a flower bed, but you see last year I had the trusty guidance of my grandma and this year I had none! I became very distraught at Lowes that this girl didn't purchase any flowers, just only herbs and vegetables. Oh and wait for it, a cantaloupe and strawberry plants as well!

A mix of a Geranium, strawberry, cantaloupe, and tomato plants that still need to be planted!

Our "Big Bertha" pepper plant!

One of our herb gardens! We still have to plant the other.

Our Geranium plant by the sidewalk!

I'm very excited about this summer's gardening. I just hope Philip doesn't have extremely hot temperatures while we are getting hitched and sailing around Alaska on our honeymoon!

Well I better mention something about Jet, because we all know that's the reason why you come on here! I'm only kidding!

Jet is doing very well and only growing every minute. I keep telling him that he's put on weight, but Dustin stands up for him all the time and tells me what I'm hurting his feelings! He gets sick of being cooped up in his kennel during the day that Jet begs us to take him for a walk...only if weather is cooperating!

A funny story pertaining to Jet. We took him with us to Rapid City, poor guy! Anyways, we stopped at a restaurant for supper before heading home. And to remind you, this was Mother's Day.

Well, our waitress wishes me "Happy Mother's Day!"
I reply back, "Oh no, I'm not a mother."
Dustin chimes in, "well we do have a dog!"
Waitress: "Well that makes you a mother!"

My thoughts about this whole situation, I guess I am a mother to our furry child named Jet. So that would make my parents grandparents and my grandparents, great grandparents! I hope this what you always imagined our first child would be!

Enough with Jet since he gets talked about all the time! I've wanted to share this recipe that we tried a couple weeks back. It was so delicious only because it came from Paula Deen's magazine!

Crispy Chicken with Creamy Orange Sauce
Ingredients:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup panko (Jampanese bread crumbs)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
1 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
3 tablespoons orange marmalade

Directions:
1. In 3 separate shallow bows, place flour, egg, and panko. Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt. Dredge each chicken breast in flour, dip in beaten egg, and dredge in panko.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 3 minutes per side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside and keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
3. Add cream, thyme, an remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to skillet; bring to boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in marmalade. Serve sauce over chicken.

Well I better leave and check if Jet has attempted to eat our flowers again, that little rascal! I wish you a wonderful weekend! I'll keep busy as usual!

0 comments:



Post a Comment