Savings...

Do you feel like there isn't enough time in the day to get things completed? I do! After my last blog post, I can't believe we are hitting day 8 in the month of February. Where did that time go? I haven't been a dedicated to posting exciting news and I haven't found time to set a schedule for myself to faithfully blog more often.

This past week, I spent time in Rapid City at the annual Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo. This premier event always opens my eyes to the new technology some business are using to the elite quality of cattle that are sold. I enjoyed my time there, sitting at the Cattle Business Weekly booth because I'm able to connect with our dedicated readers and put a face to some interviewees who I've featured in our publication. It's amazing event to attend! Now, I'm gearing up to head to the Watertown Farm Show tomorrow, which I hope to blog while in attendance.

Besides listening to excuses of my absence, I do have a purpose of this blog post. Over the several weeks reading news, I came across this website: americasaves.org. Just wait, there is a point to be made. I'm a college alumni of a year, on my own but supported by my fiance, planning a wedding, and upgrading necessities. Now, with the economy rebounding a lot of people are trying to find ways to save. I know I am! It's ridiculous how much groceries, gas and household utilities cost, even though we have seen higher.

So the only reason why I preach about savings today is because we are in the midst of planning our honeymoon and I'm in the midst of starting a new adventure–Thirty-One Gifts–that we have seen a plummet in our financial standings. We are trying to change our saving ways!

For starters, I try to gather as many coupons as possible. If you have ways to find good coupon websites besides coupons.com, please tell me! We shop at a grocery store where we get their club member discounts and try to stock up on sale items that won't spoil within a year.

I'm not kidding, its exhausting to think about money. So I resorted to the internet to find some saving tips. America Saves gives you strategies to work to your goal. Also, track your spending habits (which I fail miserably at) and give yourself an allotted amount to spend. I hope to create a balance sheet where I can record and see my spending habits. This could be difficult because I might have a heart attack when I see the results. But I think, start saving now because then you can do things in the future!

So on that note, I created a sandwich last week. I made meatball subs for supper and they were really filling. Bear with me, my recipe is original!
Recipe: Sara's Meatball Subs
Sub-looking bread, cut into small sections
1-lb of hamburger made into small meatballs. Bake at 350ยบ until done. I really don't know an exact time, around 20 minutes.
While the meatballs are cooking, cut one pepper into thin slices and saute them until they are flexible. Once the meatballs are done, toss them in with some spaghetti sauce and place in the middle of your sub-looking, piece of bread. Top with the peppers and cheese of your choice. Throw the subs into the over to melt the cheese. Then you should have a delightful sandwich!

Thinking about this sub and making it yourself, you could have a couple bucks instead of going to Subway and purchasing one.

This is what I came up with!

There you go now, my thoughts of the day are completed. I know I put you into boredom but there's is nothing wrong looking into the future and being financially stable! I will be back on Thursday to give you an insight into the farm show, I promise! It will be another exciting post!

0 comments:



Post a Comment