Catching up...

What a beautiful Saturday morning it is here in Philip, SD! I woke up around 7:30 a.m Mountain Time to remind you and now enjoying some quite time on the couch watching That's So Raven, Hannah Montana, and the Suite Life of Zack & Cody while drinking some coffee with creamer of course! Now, don't mock...there is nothing wrong being a kid!

After my run a couple weeks a go, I was sore for a couple days. I felt like I was 80-years-old! I planted my be-hind in the couch every day I got home from work. Over the past week, Dustin and I have been keeping busy. We've been to Rapid City, Dustin has been watching movies, and I have been testing out my baking skills. I had a dilemma this time trying to make some cookies. I used my future mother-in-law's amazing monster cookie recipe. Let's just say they didn't turn out like hers!

This past week was pretty exhausting. On Wednesday, the office was closed because the electric company had to turn off our electricity to put in our new furnace. So on my day off, I cleaned, did laundry, and baked whoppie pies. The reason why this week has been exhausting, I worked 10 hour days to make up for the office being closed. I thought it was bad enough sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours until this week!

I ponder what I'm going to blog about during the fall and winter months since we don't have a garden. I came up with a conclusion and you might like the idea. I'm going to blog about the recipes that I've tested out. Trust me, if they don't meet Dustin's standards, I won't blog them!
So bare with me, this post might be a long one.

First recipe: Cheeseburger Chowder Soup

We thought this was a tasty recipe and it was easy to make for a beautiful fall day. It took about 30 minutes to make. I'll be making this again throughout the fall season!
Ingredients
:
1 pound ground beef

1/4 cup chopped onion

1-1/2 cups water

3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups cubed red potatoes

1 celery rib, thinly sliced

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2-1/2 cups milk, divided

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:

1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, bouillon and salt. Add potatoes and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

2. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the remaining milk; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 7 servings.


Options you might want to consider: Adding more cheese and bacon chunks!

Second recipe: Crescent Roll Hot Dogs
This recipe is a fun idea for kids and any ages! It was so simple and Dustin loved the idea.
Ingredients:
1 pkg of crescent rolls
1 pkg of hot dogs
American Cheese slices

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.

2. Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
3.
Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with: beans and chips. Like chili dogs? Pour some chili over the wrapped hot dog.

I hope you can find time to create my masterpieces. I will post more down the road when I create some more tasty recipes. I feel the Julia Child in me! Speaking of that book, its been sitting unread for about a year, maybe I start on that today along with doing some weed killing and brush destroying around our home. This could be dangerous!

Well I hope you have a wonderful Saturday as well! I won't judge if you spend your day being a vegetable. I will be back to inform you with something new in life soon and recipes! See you soon fellow readers!

0 comments:



Post a Comment